• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two Dentists With Contradicting Opinions: Whom To Believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kathy025

Former Member
Hi guys,

I had Damon braces installed last year and Dentist A can't seem to fix the open bite I have. She has opted to forego any tooth extraction before installation, because she advocates that healthy teeth should not be removed for no reason.

I decided to get a second opinion from Dentist B, because the open bite is still present. She advises to have all 4 (healthy) wisdom teeth extracted and I think 2 more premolars (lower) to make the Damon braces effective.

What is the general dentistry consensus when it comes to extracting healthy teeth?

It seems no professional can answer this question...

Hi Kathy,

Please see the sticky at the top of this forum that says "please read before posting" as it will clearly give you an answer as to why you may not have received a response. Our few volunteer dentists are very busy and try to use their limited time on here to help those suffering with dental anxiety and phobias. You may want to try on of the links provided in the sticky or search for a general dentistry forum. They are likely to have many more resources available to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back