• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

two fillings needed on opposite sides of mouth

N

nutzforcats

I need two fillings done but on either side of my mouth(both top), is this a good idea? I worry i won't be able to drink as i tend to stay numb for hours after any filling. I am thinking of just getting one but then i have to go back and stress myself out a second time if i do that, it may be better to do it in one visit? One was done over 10 years ago and they say it needs redoing and the other has more decay so needs to redoing after 10 years.

You can get both on one go. Im eating and doing things normally as soon as the anestesia wears off.

It's entirely possible to do both at once, really up to you which way you'd prefer.

okay, i am going to call them next week as they are closed now over the long weekend to see how long they've booked me in for so i can decide if i'm up to sitting that long- seems every time i go, it's an hour for just one (that's with the numbing and waiting, so about half hour for filling) so don't really want to be there for 2 hours in one go.

Back