• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two fillings on opposite sides

J

Jafwuk

I’m having two fillings done on opposite sides.
I’ve never had more than one filling done at once.
Is it safe to be numb on both sides at once?
I’m autistic and have had to change dentist as my long term dentist retired. She never did more than one at once, I think because she knew how bad I am. I twitch a lot, and struggle with panicking.

I don't think I had fillings on opposite side before (at the same time)

I did have a crack tooth and had a filling done in my wisdom tooth which was on the opposite side, made eating hard that night. I got the cracked tooth fixed the next week, as it was a root canal tooth. so I needed to have it crowned.

I have had two fillings done at the same time (one on upper right and one on upper left). It was not a problem at all.

There's no technical reason why you can't have 2 at the same time, we try to avoid doing 2 lower molars on opposite sides, because a completely numb lip is more likely to get bitten afterwards, upper teeth are no problem at all.

Back