• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two fillings

L

lavender123

I have had two fillings today as my two teeth next to my two front teeth on the right have been aching the exray showed a whole in each tooth thst I was told in January thst csnnotnbe saved , I went back today to the dentist. To have them removed she tapped them and poked them the pain wasn’t that bad , she said I never had a abscess , and she didn’t want to remove them as I would only have 4/teeth at the top I have a partial denture. So she filled both teeth and now hours after the numbness has worn off I am in pain with both teeth dull trobbjng and when I touch them it hurts, it like a bad toothache even worse then before I went to the dentist. She said she cleaned out the plaque and she used a different filling , Will this get better, I dread the thought of going back and having these out. I was petrified in the chair and I was crying as I was scared. I wish thst I had had them removed , I know I would have another gap , which I would have to have add on teeth put on . I feel so depressed about all this I have taken some painkillers , brushed with toothpaste for sensitivity and rinsed with salt water. Would anit biotics help ...I mentioned to the dentist that they were exray Ed 6 months ago but she said I had no abscess please help ...will this ease up. Thankyou.

Did she took x-rays or at least looked at the ones taken in January? I’m guessing the dentist you saw in January is not the same who did the filling?

Back