• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two front teeth stained - advice!

TrueEnglishGent

TrueEnglishGent

Hello,

First of all I want to say thank you to this forum as an whole for helping me out previously, but I need some more advice from you wonderfully kind people. You see having finally sorted out the rest of my mouth the only real concern is a big one for me. I have yellowish stains on my two front teeth that basically means I almost never smile and it's got to the point where I want to deal with it if I can. I'm sick of it, I'm sick of being embarrassed of them and hiding them (which results in the creepiest smile you'll ever see :)). I've looked into a few options but not entirely sure which is the best so need some advice from those who might have been in a similar situation. I have rheumatoid arthritis in a number of joints, so I generally lack any self-esteem and this issue doesn't much help. Dealing with RA is bad enough, let a lone your teeth. :rolleyes:

I have tried one so called whitening kit, my sister gave me a kit called Dr George's Dental White which after a few weeks use didn't work. This was mainly due to the awful mouth tray used in the package. Is there any kits that might be of use to me? I have considered having them treated by a dentist though I'm unsure of the cost of this, it is after all just the front two teeth I want sorted and due to the fact that I'm sick of them, I would be willing to go down the path of having them done by a dentist if I knew there was no other sensible option.

So can anyone whose been in such a situation offer me some words of wisdom. It would be appreciated to a degree words couldn't describe.

Thank you.
Joseph.

Please try to post a picture. In general bleaching doesn't always work you may have a malformed area of enamel and that is best treated with bonding. It is easy and effective but for more post a picture.

Back