• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two hours worth of fillings done with laughing gas!

D

ddragonaut

Hello! I have posted on the forums before. I had numerous cavities in my mouth that I was afraid to get taken care of because of the possible pain and the discomfort at the dentist + I had a bad experience as a child which now gives me dental anxiety. I stayed up all night before my appointment because I was so nervous.
I have had laughing gas previously but I think the dose was way too low because I can remember all of that and I was still a bit anxious. This time I got a larger dose and wow! 2 hours went by like 10 minutes. I had very weird, mostly auditory, hallucinations and distortion but it was not bad or scary, it was actually pleasant. The drill going against my teeth sounded like a guitar at times. I remember thinking that this was the first time I actually enjoyed the dentist haha! I had absolutely no fear! I was still capable of following their instructions which is amazing because I felt so far away and relaxed. After I came out of the appointment I kept asking my boyfriend if I was actually in there for two hours and if he is sure they did all my teeth. It just felt like ten minutes, so I really was not sure.
Felt a bit confused for a maybe ten minutes after and then I was as good as new, except for the numb lips from injections.

I really really would recommend this to anyone who has dental fear, and make sure they give you enough! It was a lot cheaper than IV, at my dentist I payed 60 dollars for two hours (I think), and it was totally worth it. I actually feel like my dental fear overall is now less because I had a nice experience for the first time at the dentist, so maybe next time I will feel less anxious.

I just wanted to share, I feel so happy today, it feels good to have teeth that have no cavities!

A

AsaGohan

Laughing gas is the best! I love it so much! I've had like 4 appointments and it only gets better. I'm so chill in the chair sometimes.

I also get the weird auditory distortion/hallucinations. It just sounds like a weird sound. It's not freaky at all when you're under the gas. Its pretty interesting when you think about it.