• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

two questions, loose tooth/possible pus

B

becca757

Hello guys,

Hoping someone here can answer my questions. I have a dental appt. schedule for Jan. 20th, and I can't move it forward any to get answers that way. Google is NOT helping my anxiety about this at all so I'm asking real people here.

First off, are all teeth naturally a little loose feeling? Are the bottom ones a little more loose feeling than the rest perhaps? Or am I just so paranoid that I've focused in on this area of personal worry and made a mountain of a molehill :( When I grab my bottom incisors between two fingers and wiggle, they feel like they wiggle a bit!! One feels (or I could be paranoid because its the one in question) a tiny bit more loose than the other. It isn't physically noticeable. Even when I get right next to the mirror I can't see any actual movement but it sure feels like it.

Secondly and also embarrassingly, that bottom incisor and the one next to it seem to have a tiny bit of pus or pus-like stuff come from between them when I either floss or if I press the gum in front. The substance is in the back of the two teeth, tongue side and it comes from actually between the teeth and gums, not like a gum fistula from an abscess where it makes a drain hole in the gum .

Without being disgusting, the pus like stuff stays gone if I brush daily but if I skip a day or so it usually comes back(I did this to see if it would). It is not even a little bit, more like a pin head amount if even. The tooth never hurts or is sensitive, it does have some black buildup between them but not a ton....gum is not recessed on any of my teeth actually. Basically, I'm panicked over this.....am I looking at a root canal? Or even worse, removing the tooth? Or could this be something that a cleaning fixes?? :cry:

Last edited:
All teeth have some slight amount of movement. This is most easily felt/seen on the lower incisor teeth as they have the smallest and shortest roots. If it's not noticeable visually, I wouldn't be too concerned.

If it has been some time since you've had your teeth cleaned you may have some level of gingivitis or periodontal disease. The small discharge and build-up on your teeth can be an indicator of this. Only your dentist can tell you for sure once they see your x-rays and check everything out.

Again, hard to say for sure without more information but it doesn't sound like you are in need of a root canal or tooth removal on those lower incisors. It sounds like you are in need a good cleaning.

All teeth have some slight amount of movement. This is most easily felt/seen on the lower incisor teeth as they have the smallest and shortest roots. If it's not noticeable visually, I wouldn't be too concerned.

If it has been some time since you've had your teeth cleaned you may have some level of gingivitis or periodontal disease. The small discharge and build-up on your teeth can be an indicator of this. Only your dentist can tell you for sure once they see your x-rays and check everything out.

Again, hard to say for sure without more information but it doesn't sound like you are in need of a root canal or tooth removal on those lower incisors. It sounds like you are in need a good cleaning.

Yes, it has been about 5yr since my last visit and cleaning. I had fillings done then and had some major things fixed thank goodness, so my teeth aren't in horrible condition but the gap in insurance and my lax habits during that time didn't do my any favors. I know I have maybe 2-3 places that will need to be filled that have small cavities. What more information? And by good cleaning do you mean the dreaded deep cleaning :confused:

Appreciate your answer, that makes me feel a bit better! I tend to think of worst case possible scenarios including this.

By more information I only meant x-rays and the ability to see what the gum tissue looks like. Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything unusual! Depending on what they see, you may just need a regular cleaning or you might need a deep cleaning. It depends on whether they are starting to see any bone loss around the teeth. The hardest part about the "deep cleaning" is getting numb and then after that it really isn't too bad.

By more information I only meant x-rays and the ability to see what the gum tissue looks like. Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything unusual! Depending on what they see, you may just need a regular cleaning or you might need a deep cleaning. It depends on whether they are starting to see any bone loss around the teeth. The hardest part about the "deep cleaning" is getting numb and then after that it really isn't too bad.

Thankyou!:)

Back