• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two successes in one day

J

JaySee19

After years of dental fear I finally got my teeth sorted with a dentist I really like and trust. I’m now determined not to let my teeth get into a state again and that means improving my cleaning routine. I have never been able to floss, but obviously just brushing is not doing the job. If the dentist can squeeze floss between my molars when my mouth is full of his hands, his assistant’s hands and various other instruments, then surely I can open my mouth wide enough to get the job done too. I’ve been trying pretty regularly since my last visit and on Sunday I finally managed to floss between all my teeth. Hurray!
I also saw my grown up son at the weekend, who has recently been to - you’ve guessed it - the dentist. He‘s still not got a single filling and his teeth are perfect. I haven’t passed my phobia on and I was quite euphoric at being able to talk about teeth and dentists with him. Up to a few months ago it was a subject I avoided like the plague. I’d have left the room.

Back