• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two teeth extracted and I'm afraid

L

Lgrimes0812

Okay so last Wednesday I had two bottom molars removed and everything seemed fine, no pain. Well white stuff started forming over my extraction holes and I rinsed with warm salt water as told to do and the stuff came off, now it's just a Huge hole with a dark red almost black thing and I mean the holes are very deep. It's not a week later and the holes are still pretty deep. I'm terrified of dry socket . Somebody please explain to me and help.

I have the same thing, I got a tooth pulled today (#20) and the hole is deep with a pool of dark red at the bottom area. It also took like 4 hours for it to stop bleeding. I'm wondering if a clot even formed? If the deep hole is normal? Help us!!

Hi,

I had an extraction on the 27th September and it has fully healed over now. After a week there was still a big hole so I don’t think that this is unusual. I never had dry socket but I’ve heard that it is extremely painful. I’d suggest calling your dentist if you are worried and just asking for some advice. Doesn’t sound bad to me though unless you are in a lot of pain and even that could not necessarily mean that there is anything wrong.

Hope they heal nicely!

Back