• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

UL6 extraction

T

TheTinyDancer

Recently had LL6 extracted. Dentist advised UL6 is also on "it's last legs" (very heavily filled) and it's essentially non functioning now without its lower neighbour. I've had intermittent pain in the UL6 for some time but never anything too bad although when the pain is there it will last a couple of days. I found removal of LL6 very traumatic particularly as it broke during the extraction (had a vertical fracture in it apparently). My questions are
1) is it true the tooth is non functioning without the LL6
2) is it near the sinus cavity? Terrified of a communication being made
3) are uppers generally easier to remove?
Opg attached for reference
Any advice would be so appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200810_235822.jpg
    20200810_235822.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 20
1) Yes pretty much
2) Not especially
3) Six and half a dozen, however that particular tooth has had some periodontal disease round it and has suffered some bone loss, so it looks easier than the bottom one from here.

1) Yes pretty much
2) Not especially
3) Six and half a dozen, however that particular tooth has had some periodontal disease round it and has suffered some bone loss, so it looks easier than the bottom one from here.
@Gordon you are a star! Thanks so much ??

@Gordon, I've been thinking about what you said re the UL6 having bone loss and peridontal disease. By removing the tooth would that help or hinder the peridontal disease or does it not really make a difference? I'm due to get the tooth out tomorrow morning but it's the gum surrounding the tooth that hurts as opposed to the actual tooth so not sure I'm making the right decision.

Won't make any difference, I don't see any evidence of bone loss in other areas of your mouth.

Back