• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

ultra scared

L

louis pow

Hi everyone! I am 17 years old.I have a loose tooth and probably needs extraction.I also need some fillings 3 or 4.last time I went to the dentist I was 13 years old and I was crying.the dentist slaped me.from this time I never went to a dentist again! I was so scared. But now I need to go because I dont want to lose another teeth.but im so afraid!!! I dont remember how getting a filling feels..... and I am much more scared about the extraction(first upper molar).I may faint if I see or taste lot of blood.I also think that my friends will make fun of me if they find out that I dont have a tooth.im a coward! (Sorry for my english)

Hi Louis,
The dentist slapped you? That's disgusting. :mad:

You are not a coward and I'm not surprised you now have a fear.

Take some time to find a patient dentist who listens and understands your concerns. I've had a few fillings recently and didn't feel much at all, certainly no pain.

I've also had extractions with minimal bleeding, so rest assured it won't be as bad as you think.

As for your friends - how will they know? Just don't tell them.
Good luck.

It will be a gap in the place of the extracted tooth.it is my first molar and is not easily visible but I will feel akward if they find out

Back