• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ultra suction - any advice?

S

spanna

This post is on behalf of my mom. She has had dentures since the age of 32, they cause discomfort and have never fitted well. She has been to numerous dentist, had different sets made, had alterations and soft linings but nothing has worked. Recently she has read about ultra suction in a magazine and is quite keen on the idea, so much so she has called for an info pack and booked a free consultation for next week.

She cannot afford implants so is ultra suction an good idea as an affordable alternative? It is quite hard to find much info or opinion about this online and obviously the info they have provide is slightly bias! Anyone on here have any experience of ultra suction or any of the dentists have an opinion on them?

As always grateful of any help on this.

Hi Spanna, check out this old thread...

:)

Thanks Irmemac, I didn't even think to search for past threads! Pretty mixed opinions on that thread. Hopefully someone who has experience of them or one of the dentists will be able to shed a bit more light on the subject for me. I will be going to the appointment with my mom as she can be easily persuaded so I'll be asking lots of questions. Not sure what questions yet... :confused:

Back