• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Uncomfortable subject

M

michelle34

Hi guys. My friend hasnt been to a dentist in 12years.I really think she needs to go BUT,shes quite over weight and shes afraid that she will break the chair. She weighs around 250. I'm no skinny thing myself but shes really terrified,what is the weight capacity of a dentists chair.??? I'm trying to convince her to go.I have heard of people being treated very badly by discriminatory dentists,she is also afraid of that.What can I say to convince her,she really is a sweet lovable person.Help. :XXLhug:

I'm a big fella, but my chair can cope with me on the odd lunchtime nap.  :) (have been up to 18 stone in the past, now slowly fading to the size of a mountain...)

I am making some assumptions here though. 250 lbs = 17 stone 12 lbs. No problem.

250 kgs = 39 stone + I doubt she'd manage it.

I treat a former Mr Heavyweight type, and he is HUGE! Like a giant, hands the size of my head - and that's quite big! The chair sure does creak, but I'd never mention it. Just turn up the radio to disguise the noise of the grating mechanism!

Tell her not to worry. Her health comes first.

:)

Sorry I should have clarified 250 pounds or a little more.Can the chair take it.

Easy-peasy, she'll be fine. :)

my neighbor is looks almost over 400 pounds and he goes to the dentist. she'll be ok tell her not to be so worried about it. :thumbsup:

Amanda
xoxoox

ive been to the dentist in the past when i was 18stone and didnt even think about it

Back