• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Unexpected Success Story - Many thanks to this forum/website!

Z

zahnarztangst

I discovered this forum months ago, when serious dental problems led me, reluctantly and fearfully, back to the dentist after avoiding it for a long time. I felt a lot less alone hearing from other folks here. I found it hard to believe that they had turned their lives around and felt so positive about facing their dental fears - and yet, here I am today able to share my story, and my gratitude for the folks and the resources on this site.

In the last few months, I went from fear, shame, guilt, anxiety, etc. just thinking about the dentist, to consistently making and showing up to appointments, and spacing out payments to cover my costs. I was even told I was a model patient in the chair, more or less calm and trusting of the dental staff (in appearance at least).

I would've never thought this was possible, and feel like facing my fears and dental issues has empowered me overall, and helped me psychologically (let along the physical health reasons for getting proper dental care).

I really appreciate everyone for sharing stories and support her. For anyone struggling - hang in there, know you're not along, and make use of the great stuff here. And if you can, find a friend/relative you can talk to face-to-face or voice-to-voice about your dental fear; I found that was a huge help, especially in the beginning.

Große Geschichte, zahnartzagnst!!! :jump::jump::jump::jump:

Your story is an inspiration to all those who are still gathering the courage to take the first steps. I certainly felt that getting my teeth fixed was completely impossible, something that other people had someone done, but not something I could ever do. I still can't entirely explain how I got from there to here, but it got much easier after the first visit and it's really changed my life.

Congratulations and great job being so brave and courageous to turn your life around.

Now, go smile that fabulous smile!

Back