• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Upcoming extraction date panicking!

D

Drkshadows

This has been a long 4 months and the nightmare dealing with a dental office that has a myriad of problems. Their problems aren’t just with me but so many people after reading reviews. I have little to no choice of where to go due to state dental coverage. Grateful for it but no dentist wants to accept the state insurance.
I was waiting since May for my approval for extractions 9 of them. Since Extractions of four or more teeth per arch over a six month period, resulting in the client becoming edentulous in the maxillary arch or mandibular arch needs approval. The dental facility has botched up the process and or the state or a combination of the two. My pre authorization have been lost or not received through the fax submission. I didn’t know that the dental facility also put in for my upper and lower partial authorization. Same goes for that not received, state declining after the office swears it submitted it again. In the first place I would never have the dentist do the dentures. I’d go to a denturist since we are allowed to in our state. This has been a huge mess I’ve called the state, the dental office, e-mails. Last week I called the dentist again since I got the decline letter for dentures. I said where is my extraction authorization. Oh you can schedule that. So what I think has been going on is they never told me I could have the extractions or wait till the partial authorization comes in. The state doesn’t do immediate dentures, so I think they thought oh you would wait till the denture authorization comes in so you will have teeth sooner.

I am so angry I could have had this done months ago. I would rather wait 4-6 mo after my extractions for partials. I have my front teeth so it less noticeable. Also when I have been there I told them of my anxiety and mentioned IV sedation. Not once did they say oh it’s not covered. So I make an appointment for extractions on for Sept 20[SUP]th[/SUP] and start to wonder. I called and sure enough it’s not. I will have a pill prescribed for the morning and local and I can have gas. I’ve never had gas so I hope it helps since I have extreme anxiety.

From reading other peoples experiences with extractions I know that just local works but I’ve had such bad experiences with it for my root canals and molar work in the past. 10 days and I am freaking out.

Hi have you explained how nervous you feel to them. You shouldn't feel anything at all during the extractions and they will make sure you are well numbed.

It is horrible trying to find the courage to get these things done and things in admin being so sloppy. I would like to wish you Good luck for your appointment. Things are rarely as bad as we think they are going to be :butterfly::butterfly:

Back