• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Upper Immediate Denture Today

S

Scaredee Cat

I am so grateful that I found this forum because I have been so, so terrified to have anything done with my teeth. I had actually scheduled to have dentures put in for several years. I'd always go in and then turn right around and leave. Or in one instance I had it all set up to do it, went in, and then turned around and walked out.
I don't really know what was different this time but I had the consult, and I had the temporary plates made and today I went through with having my upper teeth extracted and a top denture put in and honestly the pain in no way measures up to the shock I am in that I did it and that when I left I had upper teeth for the first time in ages.
I still have the lower to do and I'm still petrified, but I'm so grateful to this forum, and to my amazing surgeon and his assistants for getting me through with no judgements. I had IV Sedation and I really think that made a huge difference. When I was aware in parts of the procedure the surgeon was very calming while we waited for more medicine to be transmitted. I never would have imagined I could be so calm during such a thing.
I'm actually in tears as I type this because I just never thought I could do this?
Any tips to deal with this really pesky after pain are welcome though :/ so far melty ice cream is really helping the most because the frozen stuff to put on my face can only cover so much of my face :/

Back