• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

upper wisdoms and palate injections

E

elaine

I'm due to go in for consult on my upper wisdoms. I understand there will be
injections required on the roof of my mouth. My new dentist uses the Wand.
I'm am really terrified of this. What can I expect? Has anyone has palate injections
with the wand. I really need support.

Thanks
Elaine

Actually, I've had palatal injections from a Wand, I wanted to try it out for myself.

I truthfully never felt a thing. Nada, not a sausage.

Palatal injections without a wand aren't a big deal either, I've had lots of those in the past. But maybe I'm thick skinned... :)

thanks Gordon. This is encouraging.

EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK just to TRY  it, that confirms everything we thought about dentists, You are a strange lot LOL x

gordon if I lived in your neck of the woods you would be my dentist and I know
you would give me enough stuff in my IV to put me out like a light! You
seem the type to do whatever the patient needs to be comfortable! LOL

Elaine

Penny said:
EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK just to TRY it, that confirms everything we thought about dentists, You are a strange lot LOL x

Not true - I think if I could get hold of a wand, I'd be tempted to experiment with it, too :p (just for research purposes...)

I cant say for sure but I think I may have had injections into the roof of my mouth yesterday for my extraction I know I felt the needle go into the top and it stinged for about a second after that it was fine!

Thanks for the kind words.

I don't like doing things to people without knowing what it's like, I've had a fair bit of dentistry done to me in the past, pathetic teenage male oral hygiene with crap West of Scotland diet, I'm lucky I've still got all my teeth!

The Wand is specifically marketed as making all injections painless so it seemed to me that it would be only fair to try it out on myself before committing the NHS to paying 4500 quid for 3 of them :)

Thanks Gordon. That is really encouraging.
Elaine

I've had both my upper wisdom teeth extracted, one by my current dentist and one by my previous dentist. Both went fine and the injection into my gum and palate didnt hurt at all. :)

THE WAND IS THE BEST THING TO BE INVENTED SINCE THE SPINNING WHEEL.

That's all I have to say!!

Thank god, my dentist uses it.

No more syringes!!!!!

take care,

You won't feel a thing!!

Back