• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

upset over teeth

B

brooke cole

Hey guys. So I need upper denture all my top teeth are bad. Not sure when the surgery is yet but have consultation coming up. Anyway lately I been upset n hating myself for neglecting my teeth. Also I'll be toothless for a while dentist says. I honestly feel self conscious n feel like I'll be hideous without teeth :cry: I don't wanna feel that way. I just need support from people who been in similar situations n that are young like me. I feel lost. :cry:

Is your dentist not able to make you a temporary immediate denture? And please don't hate yourself and beat yourself up over this. Lots of people end up neglecting their teeth, for a bunch of reasons. No one is perfect all the time. Many people neglect their teeth for decades and get almost no cavities, whereas you and I are more unlucky. I had my teeth out at a young age too, and honestly, I don't care any more. No one would know unless I told them. The denture looks great, better than my original teeth ever did. I'm just happy to smile and not have toothache any more.

:hug4:

No I don't think so but then he didn't say anything about immediate teeth. But I suppose I can ask when I see him next. And good for u for being healthy again n pain free! :jump:

Back