• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Urgent, tooth infection

J

Jwood

I have multiple broken, infected abcessed teeth, they have been infected for quite a while, i have been on antibiotics for a month now ( amoxicillin 250mg 3x daily at first now amoxicillin 500mg 3x daily), the antibiotics are not working, i have an appointment tomorrow with an oral surgeon to remove some of these teeth (what i can afford), also to note, i am a heart patient with high blood pressure and heart rate, and it is semi controlled, i am on propranolol, anyways, this evening my heart rate is elevated a good 109 when usually it is below 80. i feel hot, having some palpitations, and i have a headache, I'm just wondering if i should wait until tomorrow afternoons extraction and hope that helps, or if i should go to the ER tonight to see if they can give me stronger antibiotics and possibly test to see if he infection has spread to my blood or anything? and can they pull the teeth while they are infected? i keep reading that they shouldn't because then it could spread, but other articles say that it won't go away until it is pulled.

Hi Jwood...

Call your medical provider - Are you in America? Does your insurance have an Advice Nurse line you can call? I would suggest you rely on their advice about your blood pressure rather than any advice you'll get online from strangers. If no advice nurse, seek care at Urgent Care...I'm sure you'll be fine, but better safe than sorry.

Back