• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Valplast partial to replace 4 lower front teeth

A

Adanaca

Hello! I was wondering what your opinion is of a Valplast partial, similar to the one below, to replace four lower front teeth. Is it generally tolerated well? Do they last as long as a traditional partial?

I can't afford implants and don't like the idea of wires showing, to hold a traditional partial in place.

Thank you for your input!

Valplast-Denture 4 tooth.jpg

May rotate when you bite with it.
Can you get a metal framework on the back teeth with Valplast in the front area for aesthetics?

Why did you lose your teeth and what are you goinf to do about it to stop further loss.?

May rotate when you bite with it.
Can you get a metal framework on the back teeth with Valplast in the front area for aesthetics?

Why did you lose your teeth and what are you going to do about it to stop further loss.?

Re: metal framework/Valplast front. I'll ask my denturologist when I go see him in two months for the partial impression if that is an option.

I've had periodontal problems with my teeth since my teens (I'm now 57). Still have all my natural teeth but my lower front teeth 24 & 25 have given me a lot of problem with plaque build-up in the back of them. This resulted in severe bone loss, to the point where I can wiggle the teeth with my finger. Teeth 23 & 26 are also mobile and my dentist recommended they be removed as well. Had them extracted today, in fact.

I've always brushed and flossed twice a day, but have now added using a Water Pik to my daily routine to try to keep the rest of my teeth. Money has been an issue in going for routine cleanings as well as my fear of dentists, but I realize that the money I'm spending now could have paid for regular cleanings/check-ups. I'm determined to keep the rest of my teeth if I can.

Last edited:
To make a proper metal framework the first part is to design and shape the teeth to optimize the design. I don't think a non dentist can perform that function.

Back