• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Valplast partial woes and. Need advice please

P

Peaceandhope

Ok I've had way too much dental work & now I have this brand new Valplast partial. I've had it for two weeks Any tips for ways I can get use to this? It looks great but it makes my teeth gums & mouth sore after a day of wearing. It just feels so tight. Is this normal? I don't want to be damaging the teeth the valplast hangs into Did anyone find that these things losen up after awhile ? I really just thought it would be easier to get use to. Uh I'm struggling with this thing. As much as I paid for it I do want to try to wear it. Anyone with thoughts please????

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Peaceandhope,

I'm sorry about your struggles.. I have been there.. my last dentures were originally made Valplast, when I got them they were SO TIGHT... it was torture literally , I just couldn't. i would try, they were pinchy and gaggy.. and bulky.. :(.. I would cry at night literally.. I actually went to a forum and the dentist advised me definately talk to my dentist and he should make it right so it feels right and functions.. So I did and my dentist didn't have a problem redoing so I got partial with metal clasps .. much better!!!! doesn't mean it can't work for you but my personal experience.

P

Peaceandhope

Thanks so much. It's just miserable & I hate the thought of going once again to the dentist to get the thing worked on. I thought this part was the easy part. Guess not so much. Just makes me so frustrated because of all the dental work I had to get to this point. But thank you so much for your reply very much resembles what I'm dealing with. Guess I will give it till next week & get the confidence to get yet another dentist apt. But ty so much for the reply.