• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Valplast partial

S

scared2bthere

My dentist took extra care when making molds for my new valplast partial. So far I've been back to have it adjusted once and will have to go back again. It hurts. It is pinchy and feels like it is putting pressure on my teeth and it's just so tight. I asked him if it would "loosen" up so to speak but he really didnt know. I really want this to work but I don't know fi I should keep trying to wear it tight like this while it hurts and see if it gets any better or what. As far as appliances go I love it compared to the metal and hard partial I had because of looks and light less bulky feel. I just hope we cna get it to fit comfortably! I've tried the hot water soak and form too but it doesn't really help.

They're tricky things to adjust, but you can adjust them. I'd go back to your dentist and ask them to have another look at it.

I have an appt in the morning to go back for another adjustment. I sure hope it helps. My gums are sore after having worn the partial just a while today.

Back