• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Very anxious about white patch on the side of the tongue.

D

Djmiker78

hello there internet friends. First of all I'll start by thanking you guys in advance for trying to help me out.

Ok so about 3 1/2 years ago I went to the dentist to get some fillings done. Some how I felt like my back teeth were a lot more sharper after the fillings were done. About a few months later I saw a white patch on the right side of my tongue. I usually have a bad habit of passing my tongue thru a pocket I have between the back molar and wisdom teeth to take out food particles that stay stuck there after I eat. (I do this several times a day for who knows how many years)

I went to 3 dentists, 1 ent 3 times, 1 oral surgeon 1 time and the only answer I get is: “it looks like it's irritated just keep an eye on it"

This patch has been there for more than 3 years, sometimes the patch gets darker, sometimes lighter but always the same size, no pain.

Today I went for a cleaning and was told to do an appointment for the extraction of my 4 wisdom teeth and the dentist told me to have the oral surgeon check it out and if possible to biopsy the patch. Ok, so now I'm freaking out big time. Maybe someone in this planet is going thru what I am going thru, or something similar? If so please reply. I'd really appreciate it.

Here I'm uploading two pics. Any dentist on this forum willing to give any advise? Thanks again.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 21
Did you ever get a answer on this? Hard to tell from the pics, but It looks like Frictional Keratosis to me.

Back