• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Very concerned over pain after filling

B

BensonBooga

I mentioned on here about the 3 fillings I had done 2 weeks ago. All seemed to go well. However things have been changing for the worse. Firstly understandably I had sensitivity problems, I couldn't drink or eat hot and cold items on the left of my mouth where two of the fillings were done. This has remained. However yesterday things went very bad. I had some meat out of the fridge and the cold sent my tooth raging, but instead of dying down it stayed aching and the throbbing pain was the worst I have ever felt, this last for hours and hours. I took a pain pill but this didn't help, I couldn't sleep, I took another pill and this seemed to take the edge off it, but I could still feel the numb pressure and my jaw ached. Even room temperature water suddenly caused a lot of extra throbbing pain.

When I woke up the major throbbing had stopped, and I have been left with a mild ache and feeling in the same area, but thankfully no major pain. I know this doesn't sound good, and I know I should contact my dentist, but I just wondered if anyone else has been through the same thing ? Or can perhaps understand why eating some cold meat would cause incredible abscess style throbbing pain for 6+ hours ? I was in agony.

Thanks all !!

S

Spike 1969

Hello Benson

Ive not experienced this before but that kind of extreme pain you are describing does not seem normal, I would give your dentist a call and get it checked out, it may be an infection or something simple to resolve with a visit.

Kind Regards