• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Very Nervous

R

ReadyToSmile

I am having 17 teeth extracted and top/bottom dentures with 3 implants on the bottom. I have idiopathic gastroparesis and due to the vomiting since 2003 have had a lot of decay and tooth loss. I had Covid in January and am still on oxygen and the anesthesiologist said too risky for IV sedation so a Xanax before appt lots of numbing and laughing has. I am so scared. When I was younger the dentist put so much numbing that my throat was numbed and I panicked thought I couldn’t swallow. I am so scared.

Hi,

would you consider using only laughing gas and spreading the extractions over several appointments?
Many might assume that getting everything extracted in one go is better but actually it is better to spread it in smaller treatments.

Hi,

would you consider using only laughing gas and spreading the extractions over several appointments?
Many might assume that getting everything extracted in one go is better but actually it is better to spread it in smaller treatments.
Thank you Dr Daniel. Actually I went for the procedure and had a complication. They told me take my half xanex I take every morning and when I got there they gave me Valium and I had a partial seizure. The procedure was cancelled until we can find an Oral Surgeon that can remove in a hospital setting that takes traditional Medicare with a Medicare supplement here in the Houston area. I’m getting better since Monday but having a really bad headache. Thank you for your time.

Back