• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Visiting psychologist, need answers!

I

ilovemymissy

Hey guys, I'm kinda freaking out about going to the dentist next month and my dentist recommended me visiting a psychologist. So i'm asking if any of you visited a psychologist and what programmes he/she made you take, what was the psychologists role in the programme, how much it cost, what you did in the programme and how the programme benefited you...

I'm really hoping mine will work!

Hi

I am a psychologist and I specialize in dental anxiety. PM me and we can chat in detail.

Blessings :)

I had anxiety therapy for a few months before I was even able to walk into a dentist's office. I didn't believe that just talking would be able to help me but it has changed the whole way I think and feel about dentists, enabling me to get the help I so desperately needed.

There didn't apear to be any 'program' that we worked through, but I was keen to beat this phobia and during one session it all fell into place. I knew exactly what caused the problem and how I could beat it. I was also taught techniques of how to be in control of the situation at a dentists.

I always felt that dentistry was done TO me rather than FOR me.

Cost was £45 per hour and worth every penny!

I've used Stress Doc as my dental anxiety coach, take a look at my journal.

RP

Back