• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Waiting for RCT

L

LauraQ68

A week ago I managed to screw up the courage to see a dentist for molar pain. He said I needed a root canal and drilled out the tooth, placing a temporary filling. I was given an appointment with the endodonist in two weeks. I have one week left to wait and I’m scared it’s too long. I am having some intermittent pain. I’m so afraid it’s going to get worse before my appointment. Is it normal to still have pain after removal of the decay and a temp filling? The decay was close to the nerves.

I’m wondering if I should go to someone who can do the procedure sooner or just wait? This is so mentally and physically draining, I’m exhausted.

thank you for any help!

It's common to still have a bit of pain, you've not had the proper treatment done yet. A week won't make any difference to the outcome, although if the pain gets worse you should go back to your dentist in the meantime.

It's common to still have a bit of pain, you've not had the proper treatment done yet. A week won't make any difference to the outcome, although if the pain gets worse you should go back to your dentist in the meantime.

Thank you so much! I’m sure my anxiety is magnifying everything. I get so panicky and want relief immediately. I have a difficult time waiting And convincing myself that I’ll be okay.

Back