• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Water pick flosser

P

Patti

Is a Water Pick flosser worth the investment?

I've ordered one and I'm getting it sent from the UK. Will let you know in a few weeks when I've tried it out.

I have one and I did enjoy using it, but I haven't used it for a while. I am told they don't do anything more than flossing does, and should not be used instead of flossing. They are supposed to be good for people with bridges and braces. I think it is down to personal choice but I don't think I gained from having one. I use it now every now and again because they do make you feel like you have had a really good clean and they make your gums tingle, in a good way. :butterfly:

I can honestly say the Waterpik is amazing and well worth the money. I have noticed a real difference in my breath and also I dont have any more bleeding gums. I first bought one a year ago and noticed the head swivelled round when in your mouth and it was difficult to use, so I emailed the company and told them they should make one with the head that stays still. Well a while after they did! and I bought that. It comes attached to a little blue box that you fill up with warm water. It has two heads you can use, one small brush and the other for flossing. I think its the best £45 ive ever spent.

Back