• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

wax try in done 3.5 weeks till extractions and immediate dentures

W

worrywort

Hello all. I have been going through the process of having teeth removed and immediate dentures put in. 5 weeks ago I had all the back teeth removed. I am healing well from that. Today, I had wax try ins done. My dentist did bite measurements and put a contraption on my head to take measurements. He said he was really pleased with the way the waxes fit. In 3.5 weeks, I will have 12 teeth in the front pulled on the upper and the lower. (6 on top and 6 on bottom all in the front.) I have been through lot of trauma with my teeth and they have looked like crap for a long time. ( stained and filled and refilled with different resiens and almalgams) I have lived with pain and infection, and run the gambit with antibiotics. I have been afraid to go to the dentist for years, and I finally went to a good dentist. He is expensive, but he listens and treats me like a person, not a co-pay. I am very nervous about this last step of extractions and placement. He assures me that I will love the result. I am praying for a beautiful smile and no more pain and sickness. I have read the good bad and ugly that is posted here, and I thank God that there is some place to come to for support and questions. I am still afraid, but I am hopeful.

How brave you are. Did you have any problems with your first extractions? What kind of sedation are you opting for? I hope it all goes very well for you.

Back