• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Weird second growing tooth on my other tooth?!?!?!

C

cooledwhip

Hey guys. I noticed a while ago I had a bump kinda growing on the inside of my mouth. It looks as if it were PART of a tooth, it was that close to it. I know it's hard to explain, but it is basically a small tooth bump on the side of my tooth. It prevents me from biting down all the way, it blocks my bottom row of teeth from going right into place. I have braces, and I have had the bump ever since like 3-4 months ago, but just today I got a new wire for my braces and now I can't bite down all the way and it hurts badly to bite down. I feel every time I bite down it pushes the tooth upwards. I am pretty sure dentists can remove this bump by just sanding it correctly? I am SUPER SCARED and don't want to be put under. :cry: Thanks!

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 27
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hi why would they put you under for this to be done. I think you need to have a word with your dentist and see if they can sort this out for you. It would probably be able to be sorted out easily. Is the bump tooth?:butterfly:

Yes the bump IS tooth. It's kinda like how molars have a bunch of different ridges and stuff? kinda like that. I added images to try and explain further. Do they have sanding tools? I thought I have heard of those before.

The photo isn't very clear but it just looks like a normal tooth to me. I am not a dentist so I may be talking rubbish here.
The dentist does have a sanding tool they often use these when removing filings or correcting you bite after having work done if it has been left a bit high. You don't usually feel anything when they use it but if they thought that you would as in the case of a filing then they just numb you locally. :butterfly:

Don't worry. It is tooth, it is a rudimentary (baby) cusp and its always been there. I would guess that the braces are moving your teeth and effecting the bite which is why it's suddenly become so noticeable.
It can be sanded down a bit if necessary or the movement of the teeth by the braces may just sort it out anyway.
Even if it needs sanding down it's a very easy painless and quick process so just bring it to your dentists attention and discuss it.

Back