• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Weirdest thing ever

L

livewire27

I have quite a lot of implants (13) which include 2 top bridges on each side of my upper jaw. They have been stable for quiote a long time and they were done at differnt times. This morning I was having a coffee and a small piece of white chocolate and suddenly the upper left bridges dropped into my mouth. I went to my local dentist and he glued it in. Tonight I was having a coffee and a had agian a small piece of soft white choclate anf the other bridge upper right dropped out!!! This is bizarre. Did a piece of soft white chocolate do this? I have eaten chocolate many times and drunk coffee many times. Any idea what has caused this - i guess the dentist will glue this back tomorrow. I am freaked out. I have never really had probs with my implants before. They occasionally have come out over the years but never 2 on the same day.

Dg6300

Dg6300

Oh no! I can't offer any advice (not a dentist), but I do send encouragement. I hope all your bad luck was used up with these experiences, and that things start to get better soon. Keep us posted.

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Sounds like the cement bond on both was failing and coincidentally failed while you were drinking coffee and eating white chocolate, I don't think there's a connection :)

M

Mike

Verified dentist
Like Gordon said just coincidence, unless you're drinking some really weird cement dissolving coffee :D

Implant bridges are usually cemented with temporary cement incase they need removed so can pop off from time to time.

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
I guess the dentist used temporary cement with the implants. It is done at times.