• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Well after 6 months of suffering and worrying I finally did it!

M

medphobias

I had to have all my teeth pulled except for 4 on the lower front. And that just happend today.

A little about me. I am a neddle and med phobe. Even taking asprin freaks me out, but i am in the military and the dental work needed to be done. It has been 2 months sense they told me exactly what they were going to do. I used that time to read everything about IV therepy that I could get my hands on. That really calmend me down. Yesterday I called the doc and asked him for something I could take before the appointiment. He gave me a 1 mg ativan. That really did help i was nervouse, but not scared or worried.

As soon as I sat in the chair they put oxygen on me. 2 minutes after that the IV was in and i remember telling the doc that i felt the meds hit. After that was a blur. An hour went by in seconds.

I think i am no longer a med phob. Now i definitly do not have a fear of the dentist.

And a shout out to this site. I didnt post much but the information on here helped a lot. I also gave the address to my dentist so he can share it with others. Thanks again friends.:)

Good for you!
How are you going to replace your teeth?
It is a little unusual to take out all but the lower incisors.

I have dentures, this was paid for by the US military they wont pay to pull good teeth. They had to go the cheap route.

By keeping those 4 teeth you will have bone there longer just keep them clean

yeah i dont like the fact that they shaved the bone. I know it will make my jaw weaker. Only problem about those teeth are that one of them is crooked lol. If they would have removed it then my dentures would have looked perfect. But I think this way it doesnt make my teeth look to false.

Back