• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Welp, my time has come...

A

Audio.Amour

E day is tomorrow, I say goodbye to my #2 tooth.
I am mega nervous as I wont be having any sedation. :sick:
I hope all goes well! And then I cant smoke for a while, I'm gonna be a mess.
I'm going to try to be brave for everyone here. But it's hard not to think about how much this is going to suckkkk. :cry:

L

leggy

Hi Audio, just wanted to say, i had a front tooth out 7 weeks tomorrow, no sedation just LA, it happened so quickly & painlessly, i said to the dentist, have you done it already?
Are you having immediate partial like me ?
By the way, i know the dentists on here may shout at me, but i smoked about an hour afterwards , then carried on as normal, about 10 cigs a day, i healed up fine:whistle:

A

Audio.Amour

No partial, this is a back molar so no point really.
Only an hour untill my appointment, I'm scared but I'm trying to hang in there ..I just keep thinking "this cant be worse than child birth" hahah.
Well wish me luck I'll be thinking of all you other phobes. I hope I can come home and post a success story! :innocent:

R

RP

:grouphug: good luck Audio, you'll do great

SXB1962

SXB1962

Hi Audio, just wanted to say, i had a front tooth out 7 weeks tomorrow, no sedation just LA, it happened so quickly & painlessly, i said to the dentist, have you done it already?
Are you having immediate partial like me ?
By the way, i know the dentists on here may shout at me, but i smoked about an hour afterwards , then carried on as normal, about 10 cigs a day, i healed up fine:whistle:
They can shout as much as they like, those pesky but loveable dentalists! ;) My nerves are bad enough without having to go without my lovely lovely nicotine! I NEED my cigarettes!!! :D:D:D

I smoked shortly after having my extractions. All's healed up nicely. :D:D:D

A

Audio.Amour

Tried to eat a bite of cheesecake filling. I couldnt manage it.
I'll be on the liquids for a few more days I think.:shame: