• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Went to the dentist today for my treatment

G

Geranium

I had my appointment today at 2.30pm, I went straight from work, absolutely bricking it like the great big Wussy wuss that I am. I had the broken tooth filled, so that feels normal again, I was numbed before he started filling the tooth to give the anaesthetic a chance to work. The small tooth came out with no trouble, but the back one was harder. I felt him pull on it but it was eventually over. Bleeding a bit and no doubt will be a bit sore but I'm glad it's done

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats and well done :) and you're no wussy wus, on the contrary, you have been really brave. Most people can just ignore their phobia and avoid whatever triggers it while you managed to face it. Give yourself a pat on the back.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Geranium,

I second Enarete!! You did a brave thing today!! Congrats on getting this all done! Hope you can rest and the healing goes well and quick!!

G

Geranium

Congrats and well done :) and you're no wussy wus, on the contrary, you have been really brave. Most people can just ignore their phobia and avoid whatever triggers it while you managed to face it. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Thank you, even though the dentist had a hard time getting the back tooth out, I'm glad it's gone as apparently it was infected. At least it won't give me any more trouble