• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Went to the dentist today for my treatment

G

Geranium

I had my appointment today at 2.30pm, I went straight from work, absolutely bricking it like the great big Wussy wuss that I am. I had the broken tooth filled, so that feels normal again, I was numbed before he started filling the tooth to give the anaesthetic a chance to work. The small tooth came out with no trouble, but the back one was harder. I felt him pull on it but it was eventually over. Bleeding a bit and no doubt will be a bit sore but I'm glad it's done

Congrats and well done :) and you're no wussy wus, on the contrary, you have been really brave. Most people can just ignore their phobia and avoid whatever triggers it while you managed to face it. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Geranium,

I second Enarete!! You did a brave thing today!! Congrats on getting this all done! Hope you can rest and the healing goes well and quick!!

Congrats and well done :) and you're no wussy wus, on the contrary, you have been really brave. Most people can just ignore their phobia and avoid whatever triggers it while you managed to face it. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Thank you, even though the dentist had a hard time getting the back tooth out, I'm glad it's gone as apparently it was infected. At least it won't give me any more trouble

Geranium,

I second Enarete!! You did a brave thing today!! Congrats on getting this all done! Hope you can rest and the healing goes well and quick!!
Thank you for your kind words

Back