• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Whacked in Mouth--Two Top Front Teeth Aching!

T

Thistlethorn

I just came from a full dental exam (where I got referred to see an oral surgeon for the third time due to my lower wisdom teeth which have roots right on the nerves) plus another appointment for a thorough cleaning with the hygienist--all in the past 2 weeks. If I have to go back again--I am going to cry as it takes a lot for me to put on a brave face and go when I am due as it is! Like I said, I already have to face the oral surgeon for teeth that none before him have been willing to remove, but which are starting to cause issues since I changed toothpastes for a few months (slight bone loss around each of them and the second molar, unhappy gums and an off-ish taste back there, but the idea of potentially having permanent--or even temporary nerve damage is scaring the heck out of me as I already suffer from a pinched nerve which is greatly impeding my life at present!:cry:).

Anyway...My toddler son caught me off-guard while I am talking to his daddy and leaned in to hug me. With his big (but very cute) toddler head he whacks me in my two top front teeth--basically the centerpiece of anyone's smile! :censored: He was okay but I am STILL feeling it days later. He whacked me a couple of days prior to that but the teeth only hurt until the next day--but they have been aching for nearly a week now since the latest blow.

They are not at all loose, bleeding, chipped, or broken, or changing colour. But they have this dull, tight sort of ache and sometimes a twinge of pain now and then.

I tried to call my dentist today to ask his well-informed receptionist (who is his wife) if they thought it merited my coming in but I never got through to them and then recall that I think they said they were off on holiday soon while I was there having my exam.

Should I be worried? My husband reckons that my teeth and/or gums just got a bit bruised and it is nothing to be concerned about as we have both been accidentally knocked in the mouth a few times-over by our son's head since he was born --but still I am worried since the discomfort from it seems to be lingering on this time-around. :(

Last edited:
Don't worry just stay on soft diet keep them clean and have them evaluated in about 6 weeks to see if they are vital. I am assuming that they move a couple of mms when pushed on and are not falling out.

Back