• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What are front teeth fillings like?

M

MoonRabbit

Dentist said I need 4 fillings on my front teeth. I can't see anything wrong with my front teeth, so maybe she means the backs of my front teeth? Also will they use the silver fillings and if so will they show when I talk and smile? I'm really scared I'm going to end up with tons of grey all over my front teeth.

If this is the case I would rather wait and pay for the white kind. But they so very expensive and I hear they dont hold up well.

It's most likely that there's decay in between the teeth that you can't quite see yet.
They'll be putting white fillings in automatically, I've only ever seen one patient with silver fillings in their front teeth and that was done in the old USSR. White fillings were only available on the black market!

I think you'll be fine in the US :)

They will use a filling that matches your tooth color. I chipped my front tooth as a kid, and they put a filling on it that matched my tooth. It was in the front and side. I recently had a root canal on that same tooth, and the filling they put in (on the back) matches my tooth color as well.

No one will even be able to tell it was filled.

That's really good to hear. But now I'm worried that I will end up with a gab between all my front teeth since I will be getting filled in between the teeth. They just did an in between filling on my one of my back teeth and I have a gap that was never there before. I keep getting food stuck in it. I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible but it's still painful.

That's really good to hear. But now I'm worried that I will end up with a gab between all my front teeth since I will be getting filled in between the teeth. They just did an in between filling on my one of my back teeth and I have a gap that was never there before. I keep getting food stuck in it. I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible but it's still painful.

There shouldn't be a gap. With my original filling, when I was a kid, they matched up the filling with the other tooth, so it was touching. Once I was older and had braces, the filling had to be redone, because it was slightly off, and they aligned it again. I never had a gap.

I would guess molars would be harder to get the filling aligned with the other tooth, since there is more surface area. When I had my crown put in on my back molar, there was a space as well, that got food stuck in there. It was really annoying.

Hi there! Don't be afraid I have feelings in my front teeth and a crown too. I was scared in the beginning for obvious reasons but after I saw the result it blends in, the color of the fillings is exactly the same and for the crown I had to go to the dental technician so he can make it exactly the same. As years pass you even forget that you had work done in that area.
Good luck!

Hi there! Don't be afraid I have feelings in my front teeth and a crown too. I was scared in the beginning for obvious reasons but after I saw the result it blends in, the color of the fillings is exactly the same and for the crown I had to go to the dental technician so he can make it exactly the same. As years pass you even forget that you had work done in that area.
Good luck!

Reading this has really settled my anxiety.
Thank you all so much.

Back