• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What can I do about an uncomfortable crown placed too high?

• Thread starter Reallyscaredofmydentist
  • Start date
Reallyscaredofmydentist

Reallyscaredofmydentist

I got a crown put on tooth 45 today and it is really high and uncomfortable when i eat, sneeze, touch my teeth together.
I have a dental splint and it is now the only tooth that touches the top of the splint and when i grind, the crown feels painful.
I can't get in to see my dentist until next Thursday. Is there anything I can do to help this issue?
Hope I'm posting in the right thread!
Thank you.

Get onto them and ask to be seen more urgently. Nothing else you can do.

Thank you. They dont have any spare spots and it's in a bit of pain this morning. Could i see a new dentist for this? Or best to stick with my old?

If it's the same practice, then it would probably be OK to see a different dentist, if you came to me as a new patient expecting me to sort somebody else's work I wouldn't be hugely impressed!
Make a fuss with your practice it can lead to bigger issues if it isn't sorted and it'll just take a few minutes.

Back