• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What could be wrong with my tooth?

Punkerpants

Punkerpants

I have an upper right tooth that has a composite filling put in when I was 11 (I'm 33 now). I had extreme pain in that tooth from the moment the numbing wore off, but I was too scared to go back to the dentist to see what was wrong with it, so I never did. It hurt with cold foods and chewing.

Fast forward to when I was about 25, I woke up to excruciating pain worse than I ever felt before, and a weird bitter taste coming from that tooth (the tooth itself looked fine from what I could tell). It was so bad I considered going to an emergency dentist. But I found some home remedies online and used them as a last resort, and the pain completely went away after three days and I didn't have any more issues until this week.

I had been having a hard time mentally for the past few years (haven't we all?), and especially for the past six months have severely neglected my teeth (like brushing only a few times a week, no flossing). This past week I started noticing jolts of pain in that same tooth every time I eat hot foods and it only seems to be getting worse. Thought there was probably a huge cavity, but when I look at it in the mirror, it looks totally fine? I see nothing out of the ordinary.

What could be going on with this tooth? Thank you in advance.

PS: I did see a dentist a few years ago and they never said anything was wrong about this tooth.

It needs checking out properly. You need to visit a dentist.

I was afraid you'd say that. :cry:

Back