• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What do dentists really think of their patients?

Tolkienista

Tolkienista

I'm a teacher and I love my job, but what I really love is a pupil who tries their hardest and follows advice. So as a dental patient my question is to all the dentists who frequent this website.........what do you think of your most challenging patients? I have a number of dental issues mainly surrounding my gums, hence my long term care by a periodontist and visits to my hygienist too. I really really try my best at home, flossing, te pe brushing and of course using an electric toothbrush. I could never imagine not following my dentists advice and always say, however tired I am, I'll always go through my cleaning regime to the letter. I do get anxious, really anxious, but I really want to hold on to my teeth as long as possible. I do get praise from my dentist, but hope I'm doing enough.

Hello.......is there anyone out there?

Would you like me to move this to the “Ask a Dentist” section?

Thanks letsconnect.........it would have been nice to get a reply, but I guess my question's not that relevant to this forum, so if you think it's of interest please move it. I love this website. Whenever I've got an appointment coming up and I'm feeling anxious i always gain strength by reading the thoughts of other dental patients.

Many thanks.

It's an interesting question.
I might be odd in this one (almost certainly am!) but how I felt about patients was really nothing to do with their teeth... I enjoy the interaction with them mostly, the actual dentistry became fairly automatic, I did my best work when I just let my hands get on with it :)

Lovely reply Gordon and very similar to how I feel about my pupils and their parents, not about their ability more about their joie de vivre.

Back