• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What do I do?? Extractions needed-terrified!

Aurora10

Aurora10

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I really appreciate any advice you can give me. Ok, I have always had trouble with my teeth and had an accident on top of that to my front upper four so I had 3 crowns and a veneer placed. All was well until last week when I noticed my upper left tooth was loose and I went to the dentist to have the crown re-cemented. The dentist told me that according to my X-rays, he has to take the tooth out because the root is too short to re cement and he also said there's decay in my front teeth under the crowns. He gave me an estimate of $12,000 to have 2 implants and Pontiac bridges but I just can not afford that money and I don't want to go into debt. Meanwhile, my crown is constantly slipping and moving and I'm scared it will just fall out at work which would be so humiliating obviously. And if it does fall out, or should I say, when- what am I going to do then as I can't afford treatment and he can't re cement the crown? Also, I'm scared silly about having the teeth out and have been offered sedation but I'm scared of that too in case I have a bad reaction or make a fool of myself. I am even more conscious of my smile now and just want to keep my mouth shut and it's hard to eat. I have always gone for dental checks and I never used to be scared until once when I was having a root canal, I didn't numb up well and I got too many shots and I lost the sight in one eye for a few minutes and that just made me so scared. Anyway, can anyone give me some advice on how best to go forward? I'm in shock and don't know which way to turn to resolve this. Thanks so much!

What about getting a partial plate and the extractions it would be much cheaper than the implants at least for now.

What about getting a partial plate and the extractions it would be much cheaper than the implants at least for now.
Thanks for your advice Courtney, I definitely can't afford to pay that amount right now so I am going to go back to my dentist and ask him about other options. ?

Back