• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What do you see in these x-rays ?

C

chatounette

Hello,
So I had these xrays taken a year ago and was told I had a LOT of teeth needing work done.
The exact amount seemed really excessive to me and I’m just anxious about it- Would anyone be able to tell me if there are actual visible caries in the radiographs or if I was scammed…?:(
If anyone experienced with this stuff could tell me their thoughts I’d be grateful.

My x-rays:

Attachments

• 204A526C-CCF5-4E4E-A36A-7E51D50BAA5C.jpeg
    204A526C-CCF5-4E4E-A36A-7E51D50BAA5C.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 31
  • A04B2D89-2748-40BA-A1F3-4B74C98330B6.jpeg
    A04B2D89-2748-40BA-A1F3-4B74C98330B6.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 32
@chatounette these images aren't showing up great for me unfortunately. I can say that I see at least one clear radiolucency and likely two but I would never judge by xrays alone. Some decay or cavities don't necessarily show up on them and so that is only part of the picture. There is also non carious tooth surface loss to consider and any restorations made on that basis would be beneficial for preventing further loss. Beyond that I can't make any comment as dental diagnosis is very much multi factorial. Hopefully the work you had done is settled.
Kind Regards
Jodie

Back