• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What kind of toothpaste do you use?

E

Eshy

Do you prefer a very specific kind?
Do you stay within the same brand but hover between their different assortments?

I guess it depends on what you need at the current time, but right now I'm on Crest Clinical Sensitivity Relief w/ Whitening and Scope.

Curious for results. :)

Hi Eshy I use sensodyne with gentle whitening if I change my teeth feel on edge. Need it to stop sensitivity. I don't know if the whitening does any good but I try.

The dentist said he was going to put me on Sensodyne but then the hygienist gave me crest sensitivity stuff with whitening instead!

Maybe she's trying to tell me my teeth are ugly and yellow D:

Hahah, whatever. I think my dentist just wants me to stop jumping on him when he pokes at my teeth.

oral b pro-expert followed up with listerine!!

Colgate total

I went through a phase of using crest 3d white. I wanted to try and whiten my teeth a little but it really doesn't work all that well. My favorite now is good ol Crest cavity protection or Crest Complete. My favorite mouth wash is ACT fluoride rinse.

Fairy liquid (lemon) with a bit of Milton every now and again (not for people with their own teeth please) just for me ;)

Fairy liquid (lemon) with a bit of Milton every now and again (not for people with their own teeth please) just for me ;)

:ROFLMAO: I have never heard of this, I just had a picture of you frothing at the mouth :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You ask Gordon Carole - I got all these denture cleaning fandangley stuff, and when I read the in's and out's of them - it was bloomin scary. I had it in my head I could use normal toothpaste, but that takes the 'gloss' off of me pearly whites. Then this other stuff I had, wow, it seemed it would take the skin off me fingers, let alone anything else, and was not, repeat not to be used in your mouth. Now this being me, I thought what if I forget, and it gets into my mouth, I'll be a gonner:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So after 'consulting' and thinking it over, if 'those hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face, with mild green (lemon in my case) Fairy liquid, then if it's good enough for my hands and face, it is good enough for these little sparklers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Can you tell I'm feeling a tad better ;)

Kim I feel like my answer is quite boring now having read all about your fairy and milton :giggle:

I use sensodyne rapid relief. Works a treat.

I don't use a mouthwash as most dentists seem to think they are a waste of time and money. I only use chlorhexidine for a limited time if i've got lots of ulcers or my gums are sore.

:bounces:

Kim doesn't it make your teeth taste horrible, I have heard of people washing their hair if it is greasy in washing up liquid but never teeth. Did Gordon tell you to do this?

:teehee::xmastree::plays::Santa::Santa::Santa:

No Carole, it doesn't taste horrible, as I have become an expert in rinsing them well ;) Now see, this washing up liquid is multi-functional, can do hair as well. I have read a few things about it, and Gordon suggested it (probably as a joke and is still :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: as we speak) ;), and after trying all the dangerous stuff, thought I would give it a go. I also read somewhere (can't remember where, but a dentist suggested good old hand wash too.

So for the time being, I will carry on - can you just imagine, every time I smile (and that is quite a bit nowadays) I get the big sparkly glare jump off of my teeth :giggle: - you can just picture it now can't you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am using toothpaste which is advised by dentist..because my teeth are sensitive..:grin:

Oh Kim you do make me giggle:giggle: I use denture Creme and the occasional steredent soak and my few remaining I use a prescription fluoride stuff to help keep hold of these few for as long as possible xx I like the bit on the steredent tub tells you not to put the tabs in your mouth :ROFLMAO::silly: OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE IT!!

I change around. I'm using crest 3-d white right now. I used sensodyne for a while, but I got tired of it. Not a strong enough flavor for me. I want to get that chocolate stuff next. In my travel bag, currently I'm using crest. When that runs out, I have Colgate. My mom bought toothpaste in bulk at Costco a few months ago, which pissed me off. I can't use the same thing for that long.

I was wrong. My toothpaste is Colgate optic white. At least in the upstairs bathroom that I use most. Downstairs is crest 3-d white.

i have a taste adversion to mint, so i only use cinnamon flavored toothpaste. only crest makes it

I just (today) started using prescription fluoride toothpaste to try to deal with the fact that my teeth seem to keep decaying no matter what I do.

I use Colgate normally & Rapid Relief - Sensodyne when my teeths become more sensitive.
Best is to consult your dentist about the concerns of your mouth and use the product he/she recommends.
If you find that certain products are irritating to your teeth, cheeks or lips, or if your teeth have become more sensitive, or your mouth is irritated after brushing, try changing toothpastes, see your dentist. Also, fluoride toothpastes prevent cavities.
Hope this helps! :)

Tom's Of Maine Cavity Prevention for sensitive teeth.

Back