• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What should an extracted upper molar socket look like at 11 says post extraction?

M

michisafraid

What should an extracted upper molar socket look like at 11 says post extraction?

Hi,

It has been 11 days since I had #14 surgically extracted (old root canal tooth...no incision) and I just wanted to share how it is looking and ask if this is normal healing. I had my dentist take a peek Wednesday but since I have not had it looked at in 3 days I am scared. It does not hurt, just an occasional healing pain and it is tender. I am not eating on that side yet. I am doing the salt water rinses and gently rinsing too. It oozed wee bits each day but that stopped two days ago (yipee!) My dentist did not give antibiotics and told me he does not think the area will get infected but since I worry so about not having an antibiotic he called one in for my peace of mind if I want to take one. I didn't take them yet. I am not sure if I will. Anyway, the hole is getting smaller and has some white, red, and a teeny speck of brown in the hole...I assume this is what is left of the clot. My gums are nice and pink, a few little tiny red areas in there. I don't think it is swollen. Does this sound like I am healing normal? The extraction itself was a piece of cake but I am a wreck with worry over the extraction site healing for some reason.

P.S. I am attaching a picture so you can see it. Sorry for the poor quality of the shot...an rather odd shot to snap, lol

Thanks,
Mich

Attachments

• tooth2.jpg
    tooth2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Re: What should an extracted upper molar socket look like at 11 says post extraction?

surgical sites never look pretty the first couple of weeks,
In general if you are comfortable then it isn't infected and is healing fine

Back