• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

what should they look like?

T

tazey

Its been 9wks since my implants were placed (feels more like 9mths but anyway) how are they supposed to look at this point? a couple of the top ones look like their going into the gum. I haven't done anything I shouldn't I'm still eating the same boring soft stuff everyday.

My gums grew up around the implant. Once the swelling went down, they were sticking up, then the gums gradually grew up around them. When I had the torque test, the oral surgeon said it looked good.

My gums grew up around the implant. Once the swelling went down, they were sticking up, then the gums gradually grew up around them. When I had the torque test, the oral surgeon said it looked good.
Were your posts visable from the start? this waiting is so hard its only been 2mths+theres still 3 to go (well I say 3).

Were your posts visable from the start? this waiting is so hard its only been 2mths+theres still 3 to go (well I say 3).
Yes, they were, but the swelling did cause gums to almost cover them at first. Then they stuck up like a cylinder, where the healing cap was completely above the gums, which felt weird. Then by 4 months, the gums grew up so that it was even with the top. When he did the torque test, he took off the healing cap. When he put it back on, it is a little above the gums again. I can't get my crown until January at the earliest since I haven't gotten the implant for the tooth next to it now. They want to do the crowns at the same time.

Yes, they were, but the swelling did cause gums to almost cover them at first. Then they stuck up like a cylinder, where the healing cap was completely above the gums, which felt weird. Then by 4 months, the gums grew up so that it was even with the top. When he did the torque test, he took off the healing cap. When he put it back on, it is a little above the gums again. I can't get my crown until January at the earliest since I haven't gotten the implant for the tooth next to it now. They want to do the crowns at the same time.
yep sounds just like mine,sorry to hear you have a long wait aswell. Just wish I had things to occupy me+do instead I'm just sat waiting everyday (literally) weekends are even more boring.

Back