• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What to do?

T

tazey

So I had my implants put in in may then had the long 5mth wait till my next appointment (was in october) I still have them uncovered tho ? which is causing health+eating problems. I want them covered (which no one is doing) or I want them out (but can't afford to pay+go somewhere to do that) I'm literally stuck in the middle any advice?

On a post from October 10th you mentioned "Yes at one point he tried screwing on some teeth+said I could go home like that". I guess those teeth were removed?

Yes they were awfull+only half not all.

Last edited:
At this stage your only real option is to work with the consultant and try the teeth And give constructive feed back in follow up appointments. The process has to start somewhere. If you wear the teeth, you will have follow up appointments to adjust/improve them.

Are you having implant supported dentures or implant supported bridges?

At this stage your only real option is to work with the consultant and try the teeth And give constructive feed back in follow up appointments. The process has to start somewhere. If you wear the teeth, you will have follow up appointments to adjust/improve them.

Are you having implant supported dentures or implant supported bridges?
I would if he would listen but most of the time he's in a rush+doesnt,my appointment isn't till Feb we spoke to people higher up but all they say is if there's a cancellation sooner we'll let you know (which doesn't help me in the meantime). I don't know he hasn't said.?

That rush feeling is the worst Tazey.. that scares me personally.. adds to the anxiety. Everyone wants to be listened to! I hope you can get this figured out soon..

I would if he would listen but most of the time he's in a rush+doesnt,my appointment isn't till Feb we spoke to people higher up but all they say is if there's a cancellation sooner we'll let you know (which doesn't help me in the meantime). I don't know he hasn't said.?
That is good if you can get on a cancellation waiting list. The consultant is doing his part by providing teeth for you - your part of the process is to wear them outside of the surgery and use them in daily life and report back to him about them. He cannot go further without your input. If you keep refusing to wear the teeth this situation will go on forever. I know this is not what you want to hear, but this is the way to move forward.

Have you seen the teeth? Implant supported dentures are a whole arch of teeth in one set and implant supported bridges are separate groups of teeth.

That is good if you can get on a cancellation waiting list. The consultant is doing his part by providing teeth for you - your part of the process is to wear them outside of the surgery and use them in daily life and report back to him about them. He cannot go further without your input. If you keep refusing to wear the teeth this situation will go on forever. I know this is not what you want to hear, but this is the way to move forward.

Have you seen the teeth? Implant supported dentures are a whole arch of teeth in one set and implant supported bridges are separate groups of teeth.
No point getting a last min appointment if I can't get there (it's not exactly near+I don't drive),that appointment was supposed to be just impressions not spring some random teeth on me that I had no input in. I don't keep refusing it's happened once+no one would leave the surgery/wherever looking a freak just to please people,the only way things will move forward is by going somewhere that will get on+do things. The only thing I'm bothered about right now is getting my appetite back+being able to eat properly+not having more stress from people.

Back