• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

what's the point?

T

tazey

So deflated/frustrated

So after 3 long mths of waiting my appointment was at the crack of dawn this morning,despite us having to travel far we arrived on time but what a surprise the consultant was at least half hour late as per usual. Was in there for all of 10mins he tryed stuff in+talked about dentures (no idea why?). Said something about 3 more appointments+id have teeth in november not really sure how that can happen when the implants haven't been put in yet? He also said any symptoms I'm having are not tmj related well I really beg to differ on that one+have been told otherwise,oh well guess its yet another countdown till the next one.

Re: So deflated/frustrated

Sorry to read how frustrated you are about the visit. It sounds like there were things you did not understand during that visit. What was the reason for you to decide not to clarify what the dentist was talking about? I wished you would have the information about what is happening...

Re: So deflated/frustrated

I couldn't talk with that stuff in my mouth but my mum was there+asking questions there was 2or3 other people in the room+they were saying things in medical terms. They can do as many fittings as they like but there's no way I'll be walking out of there with dentures,not my money being wasted.

Wait ages for an appointment now 2 in the same month again its at the crack of dawn tommorow so have to be up even earlier as live miles away,puts me in a bad mood to start with. From what I can tell its just doing the same as last time trying stuff in+still not knowing what's going on I'm so over it,fed up of asking when the op will be as clearly there isn't one which makes me think why am I putting myself through this.

I was wondering, would it be an idea to write down the questions you have and to give them those questions before the consult starts?

Done that already he skims through it,normally running late so in+out as quick as poss.

Perhaps time to find a new dentist if possible. I'd not want to feel rushed at a or not listened to. A great doctor or dentist listens and takes time to answer and make sure we understand everything. I'm so sorry this one doesn't care.

Perhaps time to find a new dentist if possible. I'd not want to feel rushed at a or not listened to. A great doctor or dentist listens and takes time to answer and make sure we understand everything. I'm so sorry this one doesn't care.
its really not that simple its a consultant not dentist+he is the only 1 there or it would mean travel to london (which would be more awkward+more expensive) I'm sure he's bothered but its nhs so they only have limited time.

Back