• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

When am I safe from a dry socket?

D

Dovakiin

This may sound stupid, but it has been about 11 days since I got 3 wisdom teeth extracted. Two on the top were impacted and stitched up, the one Onthe bottom had been out for about a year and is a hole in my mouth. It looks brown in there but I was also eating the outside of Oreos.
My left side, where two were removed, feels weird when I bite down and my gums are still sort of sore. Everything g is closed because it's Sunday and thanksgiving is on Monday here. I'd would just go to the office if I could but I cant, I just need some assurance that I'm not going to get a dry socket. I have had a puff out of a bong today and yesterday but I put wet gauze in my mouth over the holes... Idk I'm a major hypochondriac :cry:
I have slight pain but nothing unbearable

This is a site for phobic/nervous people that are afraid to attend their dentist appointments. But after saying that you won't get dry socket, or if you did it would be very unusual. You are usually safe from dry socket 72 hours after extraction. If you don't have a bad taste and or really bad pain that pain meds don't touch then you don't have dry socket.

All the best to you :butterfly:

Back