• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

When are you safe from dry socket?

C

connab

I had an extraction done on friday #30 and it was not as bad as I had it planned in my mind. Anyway, now I of course, worry about having a dry socket. They said it was a simple extraction only took a few minutes, it was already crowned and rootcanaled. I was just wondering when I could relax and know that I wont have a dry socket. I really dont feel bad at all, my jaw is a little (very little) sore and I have a slight burning sinsation but I feel good. I ate 2 hot dogs(cut up in small small pieces) and yestureday about 5 hrs after I had it taken out I had french fires and milk shake(did not use straw). I just am wondering if I am gonna get a dry socket, so when can I realize and be for sure that Iwont get one?

You should be fine unless the clot comes out pre-maturely....I think atleast:)

My dentist told me that about after 3 days you can be pretty sure but he said if I waited a week(to smoke)that I can be allmost positive there won't be a dry socket.:)

Back