• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

When I jump/walk heavy I can feel it in my gums..

R

Richy23

Hi, This is my first post here & I know that's a very weird sounding thread title!

Basically, I've noticed over the last couple days that my when I jump or walk heavily (if you understand that?) I can kind of feel a vibration of it in the top left of my gums. It's not painful, but I wouldn't say it's exactly nice either.

Counting from the back of my mouth I would say it's above the back 5 teeth. I wouldn't say my gums are in the best condition they could be, they bleed a little every now and again when I brush my teeth, but they're not really bad either.

Any ideas guys? Also, any tips on how to clean gums well and make sure they're healthy etc?

Thank you! :)

Get a hygienist to show you how to clean the area properly. Not a dentist, we're usually rubbish at it!

The sensation you describe sounds more like sinus problems than gums though, quite common in winter and easily confused since the nerves to your upper back teeth run through the floor of the sinus.

Back