• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

When your appointment gets cancelled …

K

Katie7730

I had an appointment tomorrow which I’ve waited 3 months since booking , been counting down the days pretty much. Especially this week feeling so anxious about going to a new dentist!
They sent me 2 reminder texts this week then ring this morning saying it’s cancelled and they need to reschedule to 28 July with another dentist! Arrghhh!!!
??????

Oh no, so sorry to read this, Katie7730! :( all this waiting and all the nerves for nothing and now having to wait another 6 weeks for another dentist.. wow. You have all reasons to feel upset.
Did they explain to you why this had happened?

Oh no, so sorry to read this, Katie7730! :( all this waiting and all the nerves for nothing and now having to wait another 6 weeks for another dentist.. wow. You have all reasons to feel upset.
Did they explain to you why this had happened?
They said the dentist I had an appointment with is leaving and has to get through her existing patients (I am new and had specifically researched and asked for this lady) . Nightmare. So I now have an appointment with someone I don’t even know who it is and 6 weeks to wait . Stressful !!

That really sucks ?. Can you find out anything about the other dentist on their website?

Just in case you hadn't spotted it, we've got a dentist recommendations section here on the forum (though admittedly, not many recommendations for NHS dentists, unfortunately):

That really sucks ?. Can you find out anything about the other dentist on their website?

Just in case you hadn't spotted it, we've got a dentist recommendations section here on the forum (though admittedly, not many recommendations for NHS dentists, unfortunately):

Thanks. I’m guessing the new dentist is this ones replacement and not even on the website yet .. I will be checking! It’s so hard to get into a nhs dentist where we live. I’ve been private for years now but the prices are £££££ and I’m a single parent who recently lost work so I thought I’d done well in getting this referral through (friend directed me to this dentist and asked dentist directly to meet me) . I think I’ll have to wait for the 6 weeks and see what the new dentist is like. It’s scary knowing nothing though and the waiting is horrible.

Urgh, that is so disappointing :(. Is there any way of finding out if the dentist that was recommended is moving to another NHS practice in your area?

Oh my goodness that is soooo annoying! The build up to an appointment can be the hardest part. I hope you can find some calm in the mean time! A lot of the time dentists in the same practice are similar so hopefully the new person feels familiar even though they arent.

Katie730

Just wanted to say aghhh.. I'm too so sorry.. and agree with Enarete that you have every reason to feel this way.. that stinks.. agh. It sounds if she left they can't really help it but still its just not right. agh. Being able to pick the dentist is empowering especially for us anxious patients , giving it to chance is a little scary.. I do have to say, I got my angel dentist on emergency, I didn't pick him or have a choice and he ended up being the biggest blessing of a dentist.. I sure hope the wait is worth it for the new one.. or something opens with another anxious friendly dentist sooner on the NHS.. :grouphug: